Fireworks are an integral part of Fourth of July celebrations all over the country. For aspiring back yard pyrotechnicians, here are some safety tips from the professionals at Zambelli Fireworks.
- Always read and follow label directions.
- Always have an adult present.
- Only buy from reliable fireworks sellers.
- Only ignite fireworks outdoors.
- Be sure to have water handy.
- Never experiment or attempt to make your own fireworks.
- Light only one at a time.
- Never re-ignite malfunctioning fireworks.
- Never give fireworks to small children.
- Store fireworks in cool, dry places.
- Dispose of fireworks properly.
- Never throw fireworks at another person.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
Keep in mind that only hand, ground sparklers and other novelty fireworks are allowed to be purchased or used without a permit in Pennsylvania. Leave the rest to the Zambelli's.
Cherry bombs, M-80s, M-100s and silver salutes are all illegal. Tampering with fireworks or trying to create your own without the required permission and knowledge is also illegal.
Always make sure you purchase fireworks from a dealer approved by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. These vendors are regulated and can provide legal and safe entertainment for your Fourth of July bash.