2012 Baseball Camp Information:
DATE FOR CAMP: Mon., Aug. 13 through Fri., Aug 17
WHO: Boys and Girls age 5 through 18 years (We will break kids up into age groups.) Please invite a friend!
- Begin: 9:00 AM (Kids should arrive 8:45 AM)
- End: 12:30 PM (Kids should be picked up at 12:45 PM)
HOW TO REGISTER: Please download and print the attached Registration Form and either mail it or drop it off at Calvary Full Gospel Church. The address is 538 Hickory Grade Road, Bridgeville, PA 15017 between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Checks payable to "Calvary Full Gospel Church".
WHAT THEY LEARN:
- Baseball skills such as catching, throwing, running bases, sliding and pitching (age 9 and up only), Proper sportsmanship and respect for each other and other teams.
- They will have fun, be encouraged and prayed for before each day and game.
- They will receive encouragement within a supervised setting with former college athletes, hand selected/interviewed current high school baseball student athletes.
PURPOSE: To teach kids that sports is FUN, learn how to do your best, follow instructions, be equipped with skills of the game, winning is the goal BUT not the focus and end-all. How to handle losing and winning with Grace. This is similar as Upward Sports programs for those who are familiar.
ABOUT US: Calvary Full Gospel Church - Sports Ministries started in the Fall of 2010. Since that time, 700 kids participated in our Flag Football, Indoor Floor Hockey, Street Hockey Leagues and our Baseball, Football, and Hockey camps.
Families from as far away as Eastern Ohio and a 60-mile radius have joined our Sports Ministries program. We are open and invite families from the surrounding communities to participate.
If you were to speak with anyone that participated in the past or familiar currently with us, they would most likely say..."It is fun, well organized and on time, the people volunteering are dedicated to serving the kids and their families as a priority. Winning is important but not the end-all. No yelling coaches, and focus is on teaching the sport."