Chartiers Valley High School Stadium is the site for Friday night’s WPIAL semi-final playoff game between undefeated South Fayette and Washington.
The AA semi-final game between the two unbeaten schools might be the most-anticipated match-up in the WPIAL playoffs this year. Both schools are currently 11-0 and the winner will head to Heinz Field for the WPIAL AA Championship Game.
The much-anticipated “Game of the Week” will appear on Xfinity’s On Demand menu for Comcast customers some time before Nov. 19. The game is being called by Ellis Cannon and Chris Shovlin.
Follow these easy directions to Chartiers Valley High School Stadium at 50 Thoms Run Road, Bridgeville, PA 15017…
- Driving north on I-79, take the Heidelberg/Collier Exit 55 (formerly Kirwan Heights exit.
- Turn left at the traffic light onto Washington Pike/Route 50.
- Go about a half-mile and get in the left turn lane at the first traffic light at Thoms Run Road.
- Turn left at the light, go under the interstate overpass and then immediately turn left at the high school entrance.
- Parking is near the stadium grandstands at the rear of the high school.
- Coming from the Oakdale area, you will need to avoid Presto-Sygan Road because it is closed near Thoms Run. Instead, take Thoms Run Road from Oakdale directly to Chartiers Valley High School Stadium. Or take Battle Ridge Road to Thoms Run and turn right into the high school campus.