Two Bridgeville people are accused of stealing an elderly Scott Township man’s checkbook and writing blank checks with it.
Scott Township police said Gregory Guzzi, 33, and Amy Guzzi, 34, stole the checks and used them on multiple occasions in September.
The two people apparently used the checks from Sept. 1 to 17. Scott police arrested them on Sept. 21 and charged them with theft, forgery, access device fraud and receiving stolen property.
Police did not say how much money the two people allegedly stole from the Grouse Drive resident.
Police also did not elaborate on how investigators were tipped off to the theft.
- Underage drinking party busted: Seven juveniles were charged with underage drinking during a party on Fieldstone Drive on Sept. 22.
- Man allegedly burglarizes ex-girlfriend’s home: Ronald Kramer, 32, of Scott, was arrested on burglary and other charges after township police said he forced his way into a Finley Avenue residence occupied by his ex-girlfriend on Sept. 28. Police also charged him with disorderly conduct, theft and harassment. He was arrested by Collier Township police and taken to Allegheny County Jail.
- Man charged with scrap metal theft: Robert Ball, 23, of Scott, was charged with criminal trespassing and theft after township police said he was seen stealing scrap metal from a Hope Hollow Road business on Sept. 17.
- Worker accused of raiding cash register: Scott police said 24-year-old township resident Christian Weaver stole money from the cash register at the Painters Run Road business where he worked. Police are continuing to investigate how much money he allegedly stole and charged him with theft and receiving stolen property.
- Crash leads to DUI charge: Alexander Norelli, 19, of Scott, was charged with driving under the influence of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia and township police said he crashed on Greentree Road on Sept. 29.
- DUI crash: Donald Byerny Jr., 52, of Heidelberg, was charged with drunken driving following a crash along Carothers Avenue on Sept. 21, Scott police said.
- Assault charges: Scott police said Brandon Jones, 32, of South Fayette, was arrested and charged with simple assault and harassment following a fight in the 100 block of Vanadium Road on Sept. 18.
- Drug charges: Nicholas Lawton, 21, of Heidelberg, and Kevin McComb, 23, of Upper St. Clair, were charged with marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop along School Street on Sept. 18.
- Disorderly charge: Amy Ogden, 38, of Scott, was charged with disorderly conduct while in the 700 block of Hope Street on Sept. 20.
- Traffic stop leads to charges: Matthew Slavkin, 26, of Scott, was charged with prohibited acts following a traffic stop on Sept. 27, Scott police said.