Several police incidents in Scott Township during the past week—including a fight at a local park—involved children or teens younger than 18 years old:
- Police responded to Gregg Street Park on Sept. 4 at 6:45 p.m. for a report of an altercation among several juveniles, which resulted in a phone being damaged. The incident was settled with the parents of those involved.
- Two juveniles were cited for disorderly conduct for fighting in the 200 block of Magazine Street on Sept. 5 at 6:50 p.m.
- A juvenile was charged with sending harassing and unwanted text messages on the afternoon of Sept. 3.
Also in the blotter:
- A card containing a personal check was stolen from a mailbox in the 500 block of Center Street. Police are investigating the incident.
- Carlo Williams, 23, of Scott Township, was charged with simple assault for an incident on Hope Hollow Road on Sept. 5 at 12:45 a.m. Williams was taken to Allegheny County Jail for his arraignment.
- A woman told police someone made threats against her in the 300 block of Vanadium Road on Sept. 6 at 1:30 a.m.