Seven people who had preliminary hearings in the past week either waived the charges to court or were held for trial on the DUI counts.
Four people waived to court the DUI charges before their preliminary hearings with District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet on Jan. 28.
Three people who had their preliminary hearings with District Judge Gary Zyra on Jan. 24 will face trial on their DUI charges.
Scroll down to read all of the preliminary court decisions by McGraw-Desmet, who covers Bridgeville, Collier and South Fayette, and Zyra, who covers Scott Township and Heidelberg.
District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet – 1/28
Charges waived to court
- Charges of drunken driving, speeding and careless driving against Barbara Jo Janicky, 42, of Oakdale, were waived to court. State police said they stopped Janicky along Interstate 79 in Collier Township on Nov. 4 after clocking her going more than 85 miles per hour.
- Drunken driving charges against Carmela R. Sepesky, 46, of Bethel Park, were waived to court. Briddgeville police arrested Sepesky on Nov. 24.
- Charges of driving under the influence of a controlled substance against Adam C. Higgs, 21, of Pittsburgh, was waived to court. Bridgeville police arrested Higgs on Nov. 22.
- Charges of drunken driving, speeding and careless driving against David B. Irwin, 59, of Eight Four, were waived to court. State police arrested Irwin on Oct. 28 during a traffic stop along Interstate 79 in Collier Township.
District Judge Gary Zyra – 1/24
Charges held for court
- Charges of drunken driving, public drunkenness and careless driving against Valenda Nazarek, 33, of Pittsburgh, were held for court. Heidelberg police arrested Nazarek on Nov. 6.
- Charges of marijuana possession and driving with a revoked license against Antione Dean, 23, of Crafton, were held for court. Scott Township police charged Dean on Nov. 12.
- A possession of drug paraphernalia charge against Kayla McConnell, 23, of McDonald, was held for court. Heidelberg police charged McConnell on Aug. 24.
Charges waived to court
- Drunken driving charges against Justin Wells, 23, of Pittsburgh, were waived to court. Scott Township police arrested Wells on Jan. 20.
- Drunken driving charges against Karen A. Kneib, 54, of Scott, were waived to court. Scott Township police arrested Kneib on Nov. 11.
- A charge of access device fraud against Heather Habovick, 42, of Scott, was waived to court, while a charge of identity theft was withdrawn. Scott Township police charged Habovick on Nov. 6.