UPDATE: The trial has been delayed until Sept. 6.
A Scott Township man over a three-year period is heading to trial a year after the charges against him were initially dismissed.
Christopher Pancari, 44, is scheduled to head to trial Monday morning on multiple charges of sexual assault, forcible compulsion, aggravated indecent assault and criminal attempt, according to online court records.
Pancari faced nearly a dozen charges that included rape, aggravated indecent assault, attempted rape and child endangerment last summer before
re-filed charges earlier this year and several of them were held for trial. Although the lower court upheld several of the charges, numerous others were once again dismissed.
According to police, Pancari attempted to have sex with a teenage girl on multiple occasions, but she was able to fight him off. Police said the girl came forward to investigators and tell them her story when she turned 18 last year.
Police said the accusations go back to September 2007 and happened over a period of three years.
The jury trial before Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas Judge Jill Rangos is scheduled for 9 a.m.