Pittsburgh Police Expand Search for Jimmy Slack

Investigators have put together a timeline leading up to Jimmy Slack's disappearance.

This story was posted on Dec. 16 - Pittsburgh police officers spent six hours Thursday scouring the North Side and nearby riverbanks with cadaver dogs and plan to expand their search for Jimmy Slack using rescue boats Friday.

Lt. Daniel Herrmann, an investigator with the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police’s missing person’s unit, said , but are still holding out hope that Slack might be found alive.

“We’re still looking,” Herrmann told Chartiers Valley Patch. “Our plans are going out with a river rescue boat to examine the banks all the way down to McKees Rocks. Bridgeville did some excellent work and we’ve followed up with that.”

following the String Cheese Incident concert at Stage “AE” on the North Side. Since that night, his cell phone has been off, his bank cards haven’t been used and no one has come forward with any information on his whereabouts.

initiated the investigation before turning it over to Pittsburgh’s missing persons unit on Tuesday.

“We’ll do some other stuff,” Herrmann said. “It’s hard to do anything when you have no idea where this guy is at. We’re just going to keep at it.”

Herrmann said investigators went to some of the homeless camps on the North Side near the railroad tracks to see if anyone there saw him. Some said they already had seen his photo because of the canvassing Slack’s family did last weekend.

“The word’s out on him,” Herrmann said. “The family did a good job getting out the word.”


Investigators have put together this timeline leading up to Slack's disappearance:

  • Jimmy Slack leaves Bridgeville around 12:30 p.m. on Dec. 6 with Paulette Beadling, apparently traveling to her home in her vehicle. A friend eventually drives them to the String Cheese Incident concert at Stage “AE” but doesn't go to the concert.
  • After the first set ends around 9:30 p.m., Beadling goes to the concession stand to get something to drink. When she returns to the concert, Slack is gone and she begins looking for him.
  • Shortly after 10 p.m., Slack is photographed by an unidentified person who tells police she saw him outside Stage “AE” in a smoking area. The woman told police she did not see him for the remainder of the night, although it’s not clear if she knew Slack.
  • From 1 to 2 a.m. on Dec. 7, Slack and Beadling exchange several text messages and phone calls. Beadling texts that she found a ride home with their friend and gives Slack her address and the phone number to Yellow Cab Co. Workers at the cab company tell police they have no record of Slack calling them or receiving a ride.
  • The last time the two communicate is around 3 a.m. Police have said that Slack’s cell phone has been turned off since that time.


Like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter @CharValleyPatch

ED December 21, 2011 at 02:03 PM
"I think as an investigator after two weeks with no leads I would be circuling back to the last people that were with him.... Was her car searched? Was her ride questioned?"...I question the propriety of law enforcement even questioning someone in a case like this and they undoubtedly can't search anyone's vehicle when there is no prima facie evidence that a crime has even been committed.
Mike Jones December 21, 2011 at 02:10 PM
I talked to the family again last night and they told me Paulette and Jimmy received a ride from her home to the concert. She then apparently called that same friend to receive a ride home, so their car was never parked in Pittsburgh. Also, Paulette apparently told the family she was in this photo with Jimmy, although the photographer apparently cropped her out.
Dawn December 21, 2011 at 02:26 PM
It's the inaccurate time line supplied that raises these assumptions. The time line indicates they rode down together in Paula's car and that the photo was taken after the two were seperated. Most reports indicate as well that he was last seen wearing a tye-dyed shirt when in fact he was wearing a t-shirt with a tye/dress shirt imprint. I would never imagine and look for the shirt he was actually wearing when I hear tye-dyed. It's unfortunate the amount of inaccuracies but I suppose that's expected and goes with the territory of trying to get the information out there as quickly as possible. Thank you for staying on top of this and providing us with correct information.
lindsay hel February 05, 2012 at 09:21 PM
If anything they should be questioning why the people who were with him his last night left w/o him. I certainly would never leave a friend behind especially at a club.
ED February 05, 2012 at 10:24 PM
You better read the article again. Apparently he was the one who left the club. Unfortunately, no one will probably ever know exactly what happened.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »