The following is an update on court cases heard by District Judge Gary Zyra on May 9. Zyra oversees Heidelberg and Scott Township.
Five cases scheduled to be heard by District Judge Gary Zyra on May 9 were either waived or held for court:
- Charges of driving under the influence, careless driving and another traffic offense against John Schwiederowski, 24, of Presto, were waived for court. Heidelberg police charged Schwiederowski on April 19.
- A harassment charge against Robert Jasper, 47, of Scott Township, was waived for court. Scott Township police charged Jasper on May 1.
- Charges of driving under the influence and a traffic violation against Wayne Henke, 42, of Carnegie were waived for court. Scott Township police charged Henke on Feb. 19.
- Charges of defiant trespass and public drunkenness against Stephen Irving, 21, of Carnegie, were held for court. Scott Township police charges Irving on March 29.
- Charges of providing false identification to law enforcement and obstruction against Larue Davis, 30, of Carnegie, were waived to court. A charge of false swearing/misleading a public servant was withdrawn. Scott Township police charged Davis on April 30.