A fire inside a Scott Township home quickly spread and caused substantial damage to the residence Monday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the home at 119 Bygate Circle just off Swallow Hill Road around 1:14 p.m. after a resident came home and found a towel on fire, Glendale fire Chief Tom Salerno said.
He said the fire then quickly spread from the kitchen down the hallway.
“It was rocking pretty good,” Salerno said. “There was a lot of heat.”
He said firefighters were able to contain the fire quickly, but it still caused “quite a bit of damage.”
The Allegheny County fire marshal was called to the scene to investigate.
No injuries were reported.