The following is an update on court cases heard by District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet in April. McGraw-Desmet oversees Bridgeville and Collier Township.
A Cecil Township man charged with DUI and other crimes after he crashed into a tanker truck in Bridgeville has waived the charges for court.
Devin D. Carter, 38, was arrested Feb. 8 after Bridgeville police said they saw him walking away from the scene of a crash on Bower Hill Road.
Carter is accused of crashing into a tanker truck while driving under the influence of drugs. The truck’s fuel tank ruptured as a result of the crash, spilling diesel onto the roadway and causing traffic delays.
Carter was charged with DUI, carless driving and operating a vehicle without valid inspection.
Five other cases were waived for court in April:
- Charges of DUI, careless driving and another traffic violation against Ronald Rice, 53, of Bridgeville, were waived for court on April 15. South Fayette Township police charged Rice on Feb. 9.
- Charges of possession of marijuana, DUI, disorderly conduct and a traffic violation against Tammy Corder, 45, Bridgeville were waived for court on April 22. Bridgeville police charged Corder on Feb. 16.
- More than a dozen charges against Steven T. Romain, 19, of Carnegie, were waived for court on April 22. Charges include fleeing or attempting to elude an officer, criminal trespass, recklessly endangering another person, driving an unregistered vehicle, and numerous traffic violations. A second charge of fleeing or attempting to allude an officer, and a traffic violation were withdrawn. Collier police filed charged on September 3.
- Charges of receiving stolen property, possession of marijuana and use or possession of drug paraphernalia against Cody Bean, 20, of Rosslyn Farms, were waived for court on April 22. Collier Township police charged Bean on Feb. 7.
- Charges of manufacture, delivery, or possession with intent to deliver and use or possession of drug paraphernalia against Korey Maccarone were waived to court on April 22. South Fayette Township police charged Maccarone, 19, of Bridgeville, on Oct. 27.