Read who got off the hook and who is heading to trial on the charges after their preliminary hearing with District Judge Gary Zyra, who covers Scott Township and Heidelberg. District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet, who covers Bridgeville, Collier Township and South Fayette, did not have any preliminary hearings this week.
District Judge Gary M. Zyra – 10/25
Charges held for court
- A charge of impersonating a public servant against Charles L. Jones, 55, of Carnegie, was held for court. Scott Township police charged Jones on Aug. 7.
Charges waived to court
- Charges of drunken driving, disorderly conduct and speeding against Patrick E. Cobb, 44, of Scott Township, were waived to court. A resisting arrest charge against Cobb was withdrawn. Scott Township police arrested Cobb on Oct. 18.
- Retail theft and conspiracy charges against Timothy Snyder, 45, of Pittsburgh, were waived to court. Scott Township police charged Snyder on Oct. 21.
- Drunken driving charges against Nicholas Smith, 30, of Peters Township, were waived to court. Scott Township police charged Smith on Sept. 1.
- Drunken driving charges against Mandy M. Rivera, 32, of South Fayette, were waived to court. Scott Township police arrested Rivera on Aug. 24.
- Drunken driving charges against Stephanie L. Richards, 33, of Bethel Park, were waived to court. Scott Township police arrested Richards on Aug. 25.
- Drunken driving charges against Adam McKnight, 25, of Crafton, were waived to court. Heidelberg police arrested McKnight on Sept. 5.
Charges reduced or withdrawn
- Theft, simple assault and drug paraphernalia charges against Adam J. Miller, 30, of Bridgeville, were withdrawn. Miller originally charged Miller on Aug. 17.
- A public drunkenness charge against Jason Steudler, 40, of Scott, was reduced to a non-traffic citation. Scott police originally charged Steudler on Aug. 27.