District Judge Gary Zyra oversees Heidelberg and Scott Township. District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet, who oversees Bridgeville, Collier Township and South Fayette, had no preliminary court hearings because of the Columbus Day holiday.
District Judge Gary M. Zyra – 10/4
Charges waived to court
- Theft and forgery charges against Marc D. Napolitano, 30, of Lincoln Place, were waived to court, while a receiving stolen property charge was withdrawn. Scott Township police arrested Napolitano on Aug. 18.
Charges reduced or withdrawn
- Charges of possession of a controlled and manufacturing of a controlled substance were withdrawn against Gregory Goodwin, 34, of Uniontown, while a disorderly conduct charge was moved to a non-traffic citation. Scott Township police charged Goodwin on June 19.
- A possession of a controlled substance charge against Lori Blatz, 41, of Carnegie, was withdrawn and a disorderly conduct charge was moved to a non-traffic citation. Heidelberg police charged Blatz on July 15. Meanwhile, a marijuana possession charge against Blatz was withdrawn and another disorderly conduct charged reduced. Those charges stem from an arrest by Scott Township police on July 29.
- Charges of simple assault and harassment were withdrawn against Brandon S. Jones, 32, of South Fayette. Scott Township police originally charged Jones on Sept. 18.
- Simple assault and harassment charges against David W. Colbert Jr., 35, of Scott, were withdrawn. Scott Township police originally charged Colbert on May 20.