A minor electrical fire at the Chartiers Valley middle/high school campus forced students to briefly evacuate the buildings Thursday morning.
The entire campus was evacuated shortly after 8 a.m. Thursday after a plug in the LGI room apparently started smoking.
Students were led outside, but one parent said they were later taken to the school gym. High school students apparently were sent to the football stadium before being brought back inside to wait for the problem to be resolved.
Firefighters said a floor outlet in the LGI room was smoking from the electrical fire. Maintenance workers shut off the power. It’s not known if there is any damage to the room
The students were back in the school by 9 a.m. Thursday, a district spokesperson said.