The following is an update on court cases heard by District Judge Gary Zyra on May 2. Zyra oversees Heidelberg and Scott Township.
- A charge of use of possession of drug paraphernalia was withdrawn, and a charge of disorderly conduct was reduced to a nontraffic citation against Jordan Thomas, 22, of Dormont. Scott police charged Thomas on Dec. 10.
- Charges of receiving stolen property, retail theft, and two counts of conspiracy were withdrawn against Janelle Baker, 44, of Carnegie. Heidelberg police charged Baker on Jan. 18.
- Charges of retail theft, receiving stolen property, and two counts of conspiracy were withdrawn against Laura Rankin, 31, of Carnegie. Heidelberg police charges Rankin on Jan. 18.
Waived for Court
- A charge of retail theft against Keith Heasley, 29, address unknown, was waived for court. Scott police charged Heasley on April 9.
- A charge of retail theft was waived for court and a charge of conspiracy was withdrawn against William Zapf, 39, of Carnegie. Scott police charged Zapf on April 9.
- Charges of use or possession of drug paraphernalia, DUI, obscured plates and operating a vehicle without valid inspection against Charles Hartz were waived for court. Heidelberg police charged Hartz on April 4.
- Charges of accidents involving damage, DUI, and failure to notify police of an accident involving damage against Zachary Gleason, 25, of Bridgeville were waived for court. Charges careless driving and reckless driving were withdrawn. .
- Charges of retail theft and conspiracy against Daniel Cordera, 28, of Monroeville, were waived for court. Scott police charged Cordera on Feb. 16 after he allegedly stole more than $500 worth of merchandise from the Gifted store on Cochran Road.