Leaf collection and leaf yard waste drop-off in Collier Township begins Oct. 14 and continues through Nov. 25.
Here are the guidelines for leaf collection:
- Leaves must be raked curbside or to the edge of the residence. Leaves will be picked up by the township's "leaf-vac."
- Leaves may be bagged, but use brown leaf and garden bags only—no plastic. After Nov. 25, all leaves must be bagged.
Here are the guidelines for leaf yard waste drop-off:
- Leaves can be dropped off at the Public Works Stock Yard at 110 Noblestown Road in Carnegie from Oct. 14 to Nov. 25. The collection center will be open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Grass, leaves, branches and garden waste will be accepted. Leaves should be bagged using brown leaf or garden bags—no plastic. Branches should be bundled.
- No bag or bundle should exceed 40 pounds.