Invite a friend
Writers Unleashed! (Grades 5-8)
The Young Writers Program is a fun, no-cost writing program where middle school teens (grades 5-8) who share a passion for writing explore their craft. Teens write novels and scripts, share word-count goals and achievements, and brainstorm with other writers via online message boards. Brittany Ketter, a seasoned NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and ScriptFrenzy veteran, guides teens through the Young Writers Program. Participants learn about inciting incidents, character building, plot making, dialogue and also work to improve writing skills, grammar and formatting of novels. Please email Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org for upcoming online, in-library and Skype sessions.
More About South Fayette Township Library
South Fayette Township Library is a public library offering books, computer access as well as programs and workshops encouraging children, teens and adults to read, write and learn. It also has clubs, such as the Adult Book Club, PALS Book Club, Story Time, Tales N' Tunes Time, Magic Dragon Club and others.
Other events here
- Tales ‘N Tunes Time Weekly on Fridays, 10:30 pm–11:00 pm
- Math Mites - Level 1-2 Weekly on Mondays, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Mother Goose Storytime Weekly on Mondays and Tuesdays, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Preschool Math Weekly on Mondays, 1:00 pm–1:30 pm
- Chess Club Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- E-Reader Drop-in Help Sessions Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Tales 'N Tunes Storytime Weekly on Fridays, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Purchase Summer Bridge Activities Workbooks Daily,
- Ongoing Summer Activities for Children and Teens Daily,
- Summer Library Open House Sat, Jun 15, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm