Some Charges Dropped Against Man Accused of Assaulting Officers
Some charges have been dropped against a Bridgeville man accused of assaulting police officers following his arrest for DUI in October. Read about that and more court hearing decisions with District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet.
Some charges have been dropped against a Bridgeville man accused of assaulting police officers following his arrest for DUI in October.
Charges of aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct against 48-year-old John Hall were withdrawn during his preliminary hearing on Nov. 19. However, charges of drunken driving, simple assault, terrorist threats and careless driving against him were waived to court during his hearing with District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet.
Police said Hall became combative after officers conducted a field sobriety test in the 200 block of Washington Avenue on Oct. 17. Police said he spit on an officer, threatened them and later urinated in the police station’s garage.
A formal arraignment at the Allegheny County Courthouse is scheduled for Jan. 9.
Charges held for court
- Charges of retail theft, conspiracy, corruption of minors and false identification against Mariea Beverly, 18, of Pittsburgh, were held for court on Nov. 26. Collier Township police charged Beverly on Oct. 15.
Charges waived to court
- Two counts of child endangerment and simple assault against Christopher McElroy, 41, of Bridgeville, were waived to court on Nov. 19. Bridgeville police charged McElroy on Nov. 11.
- Charges of theft, conspiracy, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia against Brian L. Maceil Jr., 24, of South Park, were waived to court on Nov. 19. Collier Township police charged Maceil on Aug. 30.
- Charges of drunken driving and careless driving against Danny S. Heaps, 35, of Bridgeville, were waived to court on Nov. 19. Bridgeville police charged Heaps on Sept. 23.
- Drunken driving charges against Will R. Forester, 23, of Upper St. Clair, were waived to court. Bridgeville police charged Forester on Sept. 29.