Recipe: Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Here's another great Lenten dining option.
Do you observe Lent? Are you tired of the same old stuff for lunch and dinner?
If you can answer "yes" to either of those questions, here's a great pre-Easter meal that's refreshing and different.
It's called, simply, shrimp and avocado salad. You can eat it by itself or between two pieces of bread, and it's good for either lunch or dinner.
Here's a version of the meal as seen on Allrecipes.com.
- 1 cup, cooked shrimp (Cut as small as you see fit.)
- 2 tablespoons, chopped chives
- 1/3 cup, mayonnaise (could even go with a spicy mayo)
- 1 tablespoon, Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons, chili sauce
- 2 avocados (Cut as small as you see fit.)
- 1 tablespoon, lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon, paprika
- Bibb lettuce leaves (as many as you'd like)
- salt to taste (optional)
- sliced pimientos (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the shrimp, chives, mayo and Worcestershire and chili sauces. Season with salt if you choose.
- Lay out the lettuce on a plate and sprinkle it with the paprika.
- Place the shrimp mixture and avocado on the lettuce and sprinkle it all with the lemon juice.
- Garnish with the pimientos if you choose.
- Save me some.