District Court Rulings – 9/13
The East Carnegie man accused of attacking a pregnant woman and her mother is heading to trial on all of the charges. Read about hat and other preliminary court rulings by magistrates Gary Zyra and Maureen McGraw-Desmet.
Charges held for court
- Charges of drug possession with intent to deliver and possession of a controlled substance against 43-year-old Ronald Penn were held for court. Scott police charged Penn on Aug. 24.
- Charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia against Bryan J. Shaffer, 46, of East Carnegie, were held for court. Scott police arrested Shaffer on May 9.
Charges waived to court
- Charges of aggravated assault, aggravated assault of an unborn child, simple assault, harassment, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness against Daric M. Anderson, 23, of Scott, were waived to court. Scott Township police arrested Anderson on Sept. 1.
- Charges of access device fraud, forgery, conspiracy, theft and receiving stolen property against 29-year-old James Comley were waived to court. Disorderly conduct and driving on a suspended license charges against Comley were reduced and a false identification to police charge was dismissed. Scott Township police charged Comley on Aug. 27.
- Charges of retail theft, receiving stolen property and conspiracy against Matthew Armstrong, 25, of Ross Township, were waived to court. Scott Township police charged Armstrong on Sept. 2.
- Drunken driving charges against Gerard P. Kansa, 58, of Pittsburgh, were waived to court. Scott Township police arrested Kansa on July 20.
- A drunken driving charge against Michael L. Kensinger, 39, of South Fayette, was waived to court. Scott Township police arrested Kensinger on July 14.
- A disorderly conduct charge against 27-year-old John R. Liggett was reduced to a non-traffic citation while a possession of drug paraphernalia charge was changed. Scott police arrested Liggett on Aug. 28.
- A felony retail theft charge against Elizabeth M. Goimarac, 23, of Venetia, was withdrawn and a misdemeanor retail theft charge was reduced to a non-traffic citation. Scott Township police arrested Goimarac on April 17.
Charges waived to court
- Charges of reckless endangerment, resisting arrest, retail theft, disorderly conduct, simple assault, possession of an instrument of crime and criminal mischief against Joseph Zalin, 32, of Pittsburgh, were waived to court. Felony robbery and aggravated assault charges were withdrawn. Collier Township police arrested Zalin on Aug. 11.
- Theft and trespassing charges against Brad Barclay, 25, of McKees Rocks, were waived to court. A subsequent trespassing charge was withdrawn. Collier Township police arrested Barclay on Aug. 26.
- Drunken driving charges against Michael P. Boyle. 28, of the Meadowlands, were waived to court. Bridgeville police arrested Boyle on June 29.